In the ministry model of Jesus, Yogadevotion has chosen to go to the people, where they live, where they worship, where they have or wish to establish relationships. Yogadevotion has celebrated the fact that people like to practice in their home communities, whether these are communities of faith or communities by geographical location. The beauty of this model is that people benefit from knowing each other where they live and benefit from becoming a part of a community. Yogadevotion has several options for bringing in a Yogadevotion class, ranging from a one time event or conference, to regular classes on a weekly basis. Please contact [email protected] to find out which Yogadevotion class fits your community’s best.
Currently, we have several ways for you to bring Yogadevotion to your community.
- If you have a yoga teacher currently teaching in your community, you could gift that teacher with the Yogadevotion Book. Yogadevotion: Practicing in the Presence.
- The book is a collection of weekly devotions for use in a pose-based, asana practice. The devotions will deepen your practice experience, creating sacred space to become aware of God’s presence in your life.
- The devotions describe a practice of faith that lives both on and off of the yoga mat, leading to spiritual growth and healing. You can order it at this link. https://yogadevotion.
- If you, a yoga practitioner or a yoga teacher in your community are interested in exploring the intersections between faith practices and yoga philosophy, check out our online course. This 20 hour online certification course is self-paced. It begins with a deep dive into the intersections between Christian theology and Raja Yoga philosophy, comparing and contrasting the eight limbs of yoga described in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras with Christian scripture and theology. Grounded in a secure understanding of these teachings, participants will then learn how to craft an authentic faith-integrated yoga practice for wellness and spiritual growth. Taught through online handouts and videos, this course gives students the knowledge to address questions about yoga and faith, shows how to adapt yoga techniques to create additional space to experience God’s presence, provides proven strategies for starting a successful faith-integrated yoga program in their church or community, and describes a pathway for spiritual growth that honors the yoga tradition while celebrating your faith. Click this link for more information. https://
yogadevotion.org/product/ yogadevotion-faith-integrated- yoga-certification/
- If you would like Yogadevotion classes zoomed to your church each week, we can do that. We have classes available at various times each week, Your group can register as a group at the rate of $75 per class with unlimited participants. An 8 week session would be $600. You could meet at your church, participate by zoom on a large screen and then have a time of fellowship afterward.
- If you are in the Twin Cities Metro or Duluth are in Minnesota and would like to have a live class, we can do that! Contact [email protected] to set it up!